Do you want to change your blog name to a custom domain name?
If you point to any web address above, it will go to the same blog or content. Why did we change the blogspot.com to a custom domain name? Having your own domain name is good for many blogger (especially me – a new blogger) to build their own credibility and look more professional in blog, or try to use smartphone monitoring software to take care about your blog. Others maybe want to make it match with their blog content or many other reason.
Domain purchases give the added bonus of email addresses with the same domain (adding to both professionalism and branding) and can enhance your Search Engine Ranking. And how to change it in blogger?
There is 2 ways to do it.
1- Point your already owned and registered domain name to your blog.
2- Buy new domain name via your blogger account.
We will talk about #2. Why? Because it was fast and easy. Your Domain will be registered through a Google partner and cost $10 (USD) for one year.and as part of registration, you will also get a Google Apps account for your new domain.
1. Log in to your blogger account.
2. Go to ‘Settings’ tab and find ‘Publishing’.
– Choose your domain, and after checking your domain availability, insert the word verification. Click to I Accept, and process to Google Checkout.
3. Add your personal details, read the agreement and TOS and proceed to Setup.
4. In this last process, you need to enter your billing info, credit card number and details to your current Google account. Finished? Click Agree and Continue.
– Review your purchase and press ‘Place Order Now’.
Your new address should work for everyone after at most 3 days. At that time we will redirect your readers from your old address to the new one.